Twenty lies the Liberals told you
From Lorrie Goldstein…
|Picture from source article|
13. “We will shut down Ontario’s coal-burning plants by 2007”: The Liberals still haven’t closed them, now promising to do so in 2014.
14. “We will bring clean, renewable energy to Ontario”: Under the Liberals, wind and solar power are producing minuscule amounts of unneeded, unreliable, inefficient and expensive electricity, which has to be backed up by fossil fuels. This will, according to the Auditor General, cost Ontarians billions of dollars extra on their hydro bills, for decades to come.
15. “We will bring stability to Ontario’s electricity market”: See above.
16. “We will respect the views of rural constituents by giving their MPPs free votes”: If that was true, Liberal MPPs wouldn’t be responding to furious complaints from their constituents about having industrial wind turbines rammed down their throats with form letters.
17. “We will ensure that all developers play by the rules”: Unless they’re wind developers, where the Liberals took away the rights of local citizens to oppose wind projects.”